Jeff Brameier was born and raised in Darien, Connecticut and is a current resident in Wilton with his wife, Sharon and 3 kids; Devon, Ryan & Jenna. He graduated from Darien High School in 1972, where he was a 2 year letter winner in football and basketball and a 3 year letter winner in baseball.
Jeff continued his athletic career at Southern Methodist University and graduated from University of Connecticut in 1977 with a degree in Physical Education & Health.
He began teaching in Darien in 1977 and taught for 35 years. Not only coaching on the lacrosse field, Jeff was Darien High School's head football coach from 1999 – 2003 and head swim coach from 1996 – 2004; winning 4 Connecticut State Championships and 5x State Runner Up.
Jeff will head into his 34th season at the helm of the Darien High School Boy’s Lacrosse program where he has guided his teams to a win-loss record of 549-132 (.806). His teams have won 15 FCIAC League Championships, 12 State Championships including 6 in a row from 2005-2010 and had made 25 consecutive trips to the Connecticut State Final Four from 1987-2012. He has the most wins of any active coach in Connecticut and is currently ranked 2nd in all-time in wins.
During these years, he has coached 91 high school All-Americans, 164 high school All-State players, 12 recipients of the Connectictut Player of the Year award and has received the honor of Connecticut Lacrosse Coach of the Year 5 times. Jeff was recently awarded the NILCA National Coach of the Year for 2014 award and was also the NHSCA National Coach of the Year in 2012, while also being inducted into the Connecticut Lacrosse Hall of Fame Class of 2011.
Jeff has also served as President of the Connecticut High School Lacrosse Coaches Association for the past 28 years and has been a presenter on both the national and regional level at multiple conventions. In addition, Jeff is the FCIAC Lacrosse coordinator for both boys and girls, Boys Lacrosse Director at Sono Field House and the COO of the National 175 Showcase Company.
- Founder and Director of the CT Charger Lacrosse Club
- Entering 34th year as the only Head Coach at Darien High School
- In 33 years at Darien High School: 549-132 (.806), 11 state titles, 14 league titles, 5 state runner-ups & 25 consecutive trips to the State Final Four
- National Ranking Top 5: 1997, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2014, 2015, 2016
- CT State Champions: 12 times - 1997, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016
- CT State Runners-up: 5 times - 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1999
- FCIAC Champions: 15 times - 1992, 1994, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Awarded National High School Lacrosse Coach of the Year in 2012 by NHSCA
- Awarded National High School Lacrosse Coach of the Year in 2014 by NILCA
- Inducted into the FCIAC Hall of Fame in 2015
- Inducted into the CT Lacrosse Hall of Fame in 2011
- Awarded CT High School Lacrosse Coach of the Year 5 times
- MSG Tri-State Coach of the Year in 2015
- MSG CT Coach of the Year in 2016
- Coached 91 High School All-American players
- Coached 164 High School All-State players
- Coached 12 Connecticut Players of the Year
- President of Connecticut High School Lacrosse Coaches Association from 1988 to present